First announced at CES 2012, the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet is ready to be released at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and Verizon Wireless online on March 1st. This compact tablet device is powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and it has a 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen display at 1280x800 resolution for enjoying movies, pictures and games. Priced at $499.99 with a new two-year customer agreement, the tablet offers customers quick access the Web with its HTML 5 Web browser, streaming music, Samsung Media Hub entertainment and more via Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, with mobile broadband data plans starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 can also be used to control your home entertainment system, with the "Peel Smart Remote" feature controlling televisions, audio players and other home entertainment systems. You can also connect this tablet with your HDTV via a HDMI Multimedia Dock and built-in HDMI port.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 features:
- 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (1280x800)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb -- supports Google Mobile Services, including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk with video chat, Google Search, Google Maps, as well as access to Google Books, movie rentals and more than 400,000 apps on Android Market
- 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter)
- Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
- 16 GB on-board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD card