Jawbone is giving its UP wristband and app system another shot, after the first version was found to have some problems. Jawbone hopes to reassure customers with the following statement:
"UP marks our commitment to solving everyday problems for real people," said Hosain Rahman, Jawbone CEO and Founder. "We've combined hardware, software and data, developed 28 new manufacturing processes, and created unparalleled testing standards validated by nearly three million hours of real-world testing. The resulting breakthroughs have allowed us to create the category's first truly day-and-night wearable product – a band that looks great and fits effortlessly into the way you live, along with an app that delivers detailed data with meaningful insights to help you achieve your goals."
In case you are not familiar with the original Jawbone UP, the shower- and splash-resistant wristband and app allow you to track a your health daily. The UP band comes in Small, Medium, and Large sizes and eight colors (Onyx, Mint Green, Light Grey, Blue, Navy Blue, Red, Orange, Hunter Green). The device is available today for $129.99 and the UP by Jawbone App is available now for free from the App Store on your iPhone.
more details from Jawbone:
UP utilizes sensors in the wristband, the powerful phone in your pocket, and data in the cloud to deliver a narrative of your daily life:
- Sleep: UP employs a revolutionary sleep tracking system. Sophisticated motion-sensing technology tracks micro-movements of your wrist to deliver unprecedented detail including how long it took you to fall asleep, how much light vs. deep sleep you got, how long you were in bed and how many times you woke up during the night. By using the new Power Nap feature or setting the silent Smart Alarm, UP wakes you at the most optimal point in your sleep cycle so you wake up feeling refreshed and alert.
- Move: UP gives you comprehensive information about how you move throughout the day, including active vs. idle time, intensity of movement, total steps, distance, and calories burned. UP also vibrates gently to remind you to get up and move when you've been inactive for a specified amount of time.
- Eat: UP helps you understand more about your food choices. Simply take a photo of your food to create a visual journal, or go deeper by scanning a barcode or searching the database for more complete nutritional information.
- Mood: UP lets you keep track of how you feel throughout the day so you can correlate how your sleep, movement, and eating affect your mood.
- Insights: UP analyzes your data to deliver highly personalized insights. It reveals connections between different elements of your life, shows how you compare to others, and educates with new information that's tailored for you. The more you use UP, the more powerful the insights will become.