Amazon has begun shipping the new Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch tablet, just in time of course for the holiday shopping season. You can either order it online at Amazon.com for $299, or pick one up at Best Buy, Staples and Radio Shack in the coming weeks. The new Kindle Fire HD 8.9” will also be available with 4G LTE data starting at $499 with AT&T's 4G tablet data package.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9” features include:
- A vibrant 8.9”, 1920x1200 resolution display at 254 ppi.
- Dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO technology for faster streaming and downloads.
- The latest generation TI OMAP 4470 processor and Imagination SGX544 graphics engine capable of over 12 billion floating point operations per second.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio—available exclusively on Kindle Fire HD.
- Exceptional battery life—Kindle Fire HD 8.9” gets 10 hours of battery life.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls, including a custom Skype application for free video calling from around the world.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime, a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids and exclusively available on Kindle Fire. Parents can set daily screen limits and give access to appropriate content for each child.
- World's best content ecosystem—over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks and magazines.
- “Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere” with Amazon apps available on the largest number of platforms so customers can use their Amazon content on any of their devices.